Saturday, January 19, 2008

Today was just kind of a blah day--to start with that is. It was so cold outside that we went--nowhere! So we did get some stuff done around the house that has been piling up. I really should have worked on our taxes but...another day.

There is one exciting thing that happened today. Ashton took his first step or maybe I should say steps. We are all very excited. Not to wish my baby big but I am so ready for him to walk.

Mariah is now potty trained. She just decided that she was done with this diaper bit and that was it. (She still wears a diaper at night or when she needs to poop) I just don't get that. I asked my Dr. if he knew of any tricks to get her to go in the toilet. His response "Gentle encouragement, it could take her up to 6 months before she goes in the toilet" Great, so I'll be cleaning out underwear for awhile. Does anybody have any tricks?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nolan was the same way as Mariah. One day he decided that he wanted to wear underwear. No more diapers. That was a great surprise for me because I was dreading the thought of training himself. As for the poop part, Nolan was also like that; would not go in the toliet. No tricks, I just kept asking him if he wanted to poop on the potty. Finally one day he said that he did and he pooped. We made a big deal about it. took his picture. There were times at first that he'd sit on the pot but wouldn't poop but at least he was willing to "try".

Ethel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShareandRemember said...

Yay, she's almost got it! Try "catching" her (if you see she's trying to go) before she goes in her pants & put her on the potty. If she does it once on the potty that's probably all it will take. Personally I wouldn't let her wear undies until she goes #2 on the potty cause I wouldn't be cleaning it up! Or after she goes, give her wipes and have her clean herself up (with lots of direction & supervision). It seems pretty normal that going #2 on the potty comes later so that means patience I suppose...has to be her accomplishment in her time.

Ethel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.